Careers, Internships & Openings
Wake up every morning energized about the opportunity to make a real difference in the world. Sound good? We think so! That's why we've built up a stellar team of talented, kick-ass, passionate people who have found their calling to put their skills to work on things that Matter Unlimited.
Matter Unlimited is looking for an integrated designer who wants to make things matter. You’ll be within a small team, collaborating and working directly with the creative director. Depending on the client, you’ll be doing everything from concepting ideas, collaborating with production teams and designing brand identities. We need a smart designer with an eye for sophisticated design who is comfortable designing and creating across a variety of different kinds of media. This is a full-time salaried position in our NYC office.
Success In This Role
A successful designer will be digitally savvy and a multi-tasker with the ability and appetite to work on a broad range of briefs and tasks. From web designs to elevating creative presentations, campaign concepting to new identity exploration for brands. You’ll be successful here if you’re someone with good energy who wants the opportunity to join a growing team, learn new skills, and design big ideas for brands to drive positive social change.
Need to Have
You should be fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite. You have 1-3 years experience in internship or professional settings. Don’t have the experience, but think your work is up to par? Still apply. Sometimes we make exceptions for exceptional designers.
You should present a portfolio that shows:
- A meticulous eye for detail in typography, composition and communication
- An understanding of branding, identity and design fundamentals
- Breadth of ideation across media and clients (with digital at the core)
- Conceptual thinking and problem solving through design
- Sophisticated and refined design style
- Side projects. We love to see a creative who is passionate about something and uses design to make a statement.
Nice to Have
- A passion for using design to do good and make things matter
- A BA or BFA in graphic design, communication design or a related field
- Writing skills--everything from a tweet to a description of an idea or explanation of a strategy.
- Curiosity about coding, UX and UI
Highlights at Matter
- Fast-moving, fast-growing team
- Loose work-from-anywhere policy
- Summer Fridays
- Changing the world
Salary will depend on experience.
To apply, write a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Designer” in the subject. Tell us why we have to bring you in to talk more.
We are looking for a kick-ass producer who can bring digital expertise, a deep network of collaborators, and a passion to make every project matter. The right person for the job should be super organized, immersed in the digital space and hungry to work on a wide variety of projects and clients, with an interest in social impact. Projects will range from content development and creation, website builds, and product innovation for a mix of brands and non-profits. They will lead our digital and content production process and help drive both our agency and our client causes forward.
Success In This Role
- You are a seasoned producer with 8+ years of experience and you’re ready to apply your skills - finally - to work on stuff that matters
- You are a digital native and have worked on many digital/integrated creative projects and campaigns; you’re passionate about keeping up-to-speed on new technology and trends and can contribute to the creative process
- You are entrepreneurial in spirit with a do-whatever-it-takes attitude and the ability to wear multiple hats
- You want to nurture and grow a business working in a boutique environment that has less layers, cubicles and indecision
- You live and breathe project management - you’re grounded in process and methodology but you also know when and how to loosen the ropes a bit to get things done, without compromising the quality of work
- You thrive while managing interactive projects from kick-off to delivery - on time, on budget, and on brief
- You want to take a leap into a new model for the industry - one that wants to support the businesses and organizations of the future and leave a positive mark on the planet
- Defining the scope of projects (goals, deliverables, schedule, and budget)
- Leading and inspiring teams by communicating a vision for the project as well as involving people at the optimal levels for project success and overall account utilization
- Creating efficiencies and innovative process to drive productivity and quality output
- Managing interdisciplinary teams of visual designers, writers, interaction designers, and developers helping to evolve creative concepts into clear deliverables in a way that balances client requirements with team growth and morale
- Keeping projects on track through clear task lists, issue tracking, status reports, and meeting notes
- Leading efficient meetings and conference calls
- Clearly communicating project issues and resolution to the client and internal team
Need To Have
- Experience developing project plans
- Experience managing marketing, creative or technology projects (VR experience a plus)
- Experience developing Scope of Work Contracts and Service Agreements
- Experience managing clients (external or internal) on project scope and delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation development and business writing
- Strong problem solving skills; responsive and flexible to evolving responsibilities and changing environment
- Proficiency/familiarity with Smartsheet, Quickbooks, and Harvest preferred
To apply, write a short email with your resume to email@example.com with “Director of Production” in the subject. Tell us why we have to bring you in to talk more.
Didn't see a position that matches what you're looking for? Drop us a line at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us about yourself and what you're looking to do. Let's Make Things Matter together.