POSITION: Business Development Associate
New York City
About Matter Unlimited
Our mission is simple: to amplify the power of brands and organizations to drive growth and positive change in the world simultaneously.
There has been a profound shift in the marketplace towards a values-driven future, making purpose the new business imperative.
As people become more empowered to interact with brands directly, they are demanding a higher level of transparency and social consciousness.
Companies that recognize their relationship to the world around them and act in its best interest are the companies that are outperforming in the market today and creating future-proof brands.
We exist to help brands and organizations navigate the new purpose-driven economy because we know that doing good and doing well are not mutually exclusive.
About the Role
We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated entry-level business development person to join our team.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Proactively source new leads and engage prospects
- Manage our CRM database; inputting leads and building target lists
- Support the marketing team with agency activity i.e. content creation, e-newsletter strategy, event planning etc.
- Support the Business Development Director with outbound efforts and assisting on a daily basis
- Support presentation preparation and pitch documents for prospect client meetings
- Represent Matter at local NYC industry events
- You are persistently curious
- You have an inherent desire to find out how things work (and a drive to build things to be better)
- You are organized, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have an insatiable hunger for content and pride yourself on being 'in the know' when it comes to cutting-edge innovation
- You are a proactive listener and active doer
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment - the busier the better
- You know a lot, but you also know you don't know everything and are ready to learn a lot too
- Have a demonstrated commitment to social impact and cause-related work for a non-profit, political or activist movement
We highly value all aspects of diversity. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Undergrad or graduate student applications accepted.